Help in your environment
Become a Refill station
Refill is a practical tap water campaign that aims to make refilling your bottle as easy, convenient and cheap as possible by introducing refill points on every street. Participating cafes, bars, restaurants, banks, galleries, museums and other businesses display a round, blue sticker in their window, inviting thirsty passers-by to come on in and fill up their bottle – for free. The aim is to reduce the amount of plastic bottles ending up in our oceans, while keeping people healthy, hydrated and saving them money at the same time!
Sign up as a refill station! No need to install water coolers or stop selling bottled water (unless you want to), just promote and offer free tap water refills to your customers, and display a free Refill Devon window sticker.
Be a #litterhero and pick up litter!
Love where you live. Help clean up the country. Find a litter action group near you.
Keep our south west beaches clean
Every piece of litter removed from the beach matters. People of all ages and abilities can get involved in keeping the coast litter free. When you turn up at your local beach, keep the beach clear. Join the movement…
- Surfers Against Sewage beach cleans or do your own #minibeachclean
- Beach Clean Network or #2minutebeachclean
- South West coast clean up through the National Trust
- Torbay Cleaner Coasts Initiative work to prevent and reduce marine litter pollution in Torbay
- Great British Beach Clean by The Marine Conservation Society
- Beachwatch Opens campaign involves up to four beach cleans and surveys a year
Transform wasteland into a community garden
Community gardening gives people an opportunity to make lasting improvements to their local environment.
It’s Your Neighbourhood (RHS) scheme is part of Britain in Bloom and supports community groups in cleaning up and greening up their immediate local environment – whether that’s the street they live in, or a small patch of communal land needing a revamp.
The Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens are a fantastic organisation who can help with the start-up of a new community gardening project or with an already existing one
The support and represent City Farms and Community Gardens in the UK: Plant a Seed – Grow a Community
And be inspired by
- Foxhole Community Garden, Dartington
- St Sidwell’s Garden, Exeter city centre
- Bovey Tracey Climate Action Community Garden
- Exeter Community Garden
- Kingsbridge Community Garden Project
- Natural Devon voluteering
- Permaculture Association
- Landmatters Devon
- Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Community Get Involved
- It’s Your Neighbourhood (RHS)